How to Make Changes to DMA Buffer Size & Count

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to change the buffer size for DMA and number of buffers. I'm talking about CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate function. Right now we have about 36k buffer size and 3 as buffer count. We want to decrease size and increase count.

Thanks in advance!

David

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can change the parameters in the dma config structure. You will find the fiels "size" and "count"  which you can set in the firmware before creating the DMA channel. Please let us know if the channel creating does not succeed. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

What is the rules to set the "size" & count properly? For example, when the size is 36k and 4 buffers are used, if we reduce the transfer size to 16k, we should then use 8 buffers instead?

Regards,

david

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

I haven't succeed in changing size/count. How should I choose numbers? Originally it  was 0x8FD0 and  count = 3. Now I have tried 0x3FF0 with count = 4. Why this one was not working? 

Also how many buffers will it be there for each socket when I'm using one to many or many to one?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

David

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Any feedback for my question above?

Thanks!

David

0 Likes