Unable to pair Cypress BLE with windows8.1 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to pair cypress BLE with windows BLE. But every times it tries to connect it says that check the device is still discoverable or not.

I am using cy8ckit-002 program and debug kit and I am trying for the simple code example - Find Me target on PROC BLE. 

Do i need to change any settings while trying to connect or  pair it with CYPRESS BLE?

I am not able to see the proper BLE name as per UUID. It always display as UNKNOWN.

I tried other code example as well, but the same problem persist.

I am facing the same problem with Cysmart android app.

Do I need to do or try something else to make it work?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If every example project shows this issue, I am afraid this could be a hardware issue. Are you using your own desgined board? What module are you using? Did you try it with our module eval boards?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

With CySmart Android App what error do you get? Are you able to connect to the device (if not for pairing)

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

I am not getting any error message on android app. Some of the times i am unable to see the device itself even after multiple scanning.So most of the time i am unable to connect. and even if i am able to see the device, it is with the name as UNKNOWN.and the services relefleted after pair up is not what is expected.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If every example project shows this issue, I am afraid this could be a hardware issue. Are you using your own desgined board? What module are you using? Did you try it with our module eval boards?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes