Bootloader Host / UART Bootloader host do not reset device after flashing of bootloadable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello support team,

my hardware setup is the "CYBLE-212019-EVAL EZ-BLE PRoC Evaluation Board" with the "CY8CKIT-042-BLE" Kit.

I have a workspace with two projects. One for the bootloader and one for my application. For programming i use UART communication.
Programming of my application over UART works fine with the "Bootloader Host" tool shipped with PSoC Creator and with the example tool "UART Bootloader Host GUI" which is delivered with the UART Booltloader example (AN68272).

My problem is that i have to reset the device manually and my final device should never have a reset button or any other button, only CapSense.

If i debug the bootloader and set a breakpoint in the function "Bootloader_HostLink" of the file "Bootloader.c" at "Bootloader_COMMAND_EXIT" in the switch statement, it never reaches this lines of code after successful bootloading.
But there is the needed "CySoftwareReset()" and this should reset the device after bootloading.
I have tested both above mentioned tools.

If i take a look at the source files in the folder "cybootloaderutils" in the main directory of PSoC Creator at file "cybtldr_api2.c" in function "CyBtldr_RunAction", there is a call to "CyBtldr_EndBootloadOperation()" after the bootloading operation which generate and send the "EXIT COMMAND"...
I have implemented a own tool with the mentioned source files but this does also not reset my bootloaded device 😞

Why is the "EXIT COMMAND" not received by the bootloader?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello johann_1862776 i have a project like yours I am trying to load the firmware by uart you think you can help me I leave my workspace

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello johann_1862776 i have a project like yours I am trying to load the firmware by uart you think you can help me I leave my workspace

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a look at this...

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-psoc-5lp-and-psoc-analo...

There are example projects and i think it could help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now i have logged the transmitted data while bootloading and i see that the last command is not complete. The last command contains the EXIT COMMAND, but the command packet is not complete. It starts with 0x01 but never ends with 0x17. I have marked the last command packet with red. This occurs with "Bootloader Host" and with "UART Bootloader Host GUI"!

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Are you facing the same issue in all baud rates? Can you change the buad rate and test?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tested the baud rates 115200, 57600 and 9600.

My Host OS is Windows 10 Pro and for testing i have also disabled the FIFO buffer in the driver.

I think the problem is related with the host and not with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE dev board or CYBLE-212019 module.

For now i have implemented the generation of the the command packet with the reset command in C# and send it right after the call of "Bootload_Utils.CyBtldr_Program()" and this works.