TLS Handshake error with SSL_VERIFY_NONE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm not providing ca certificates so the authentication mode is set to SSL_VERIFY_NONE, however i'm still getting TLS handshake error  at ssl_handshake_server_async in wiced_tcp_start_tls when I call wiced_https_get. I have 2 server (Amazon), one in Europe and one in Asia. The Europe one is ok when i access but the Asia one will have TLS handshake error.. Both server is the same (duplicate).

PS. What i don't understand is i'm not storing any ca certificate and i'm sure its set to SSL_VERIFY_NONE. So why does TLS handshake fails? thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gangi,

Please consider this issue closed for 3.1.x thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Can you provide version of TLS you are using?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its the latest one 2.4.1

0 Likes

TLS version, or is that SDK Version?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the SDK version.

0 Likes

TLS version? 1.1?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you mean the TLS version from WICED then its right from SDK 2.4.1... I'm not sure what is the TLS version that comes with SDK2.4.1.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe gangi is asking about TLS version of Asia server. Not for WICED side I think.

0 Likes

any follow up?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like everything else is the same but TLS version in server is different, the one that worked is TLS 1.0 while the the one that did not work is using TLS 1.1.

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee

TLS 1.2 will be available in next release.

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee

If this is still an issue with 3.1.x please let us know.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gangi,

Please consider this issue closed for 3.1.x thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I know I am a little late to the party, but I am encountering the same issue on Wiced SDK version 2.4.0 where SSL_VERIFY_NONE is what is passed in but still there are handshake errors in tcp_start_tls.  Is there any fix for this problem other than upgrading to 3.1.x (I would like to avoid that)?

Thanks,

Jake

0 Likes

Hi,

we have unresolved TLS Handshake Error on Azure Event Hub and will also like to try this fix on 2.4.1.

Regards,

Matej

0 Likes