UAC "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error in Composite device.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to build an USB composite device (UVC + UAC + CDC). Among these, the UVC and CDC works. But the UAC is shown in Windows Device Manager with "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error. I used Thesycon Descriptor dumper utility to inspect the descriptors. It reports error for the UAC Endpoint descriptor. I m confused with this.

I am using USB HighSpeed.  Firmware is attached.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the "Endpoint descriptor for ISO streaming Audio data" you have not provided bRefresh & bSynchAddress information. Please try and let us know.

You can refer attached link for Audio class specifications: http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/audio10.pdf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

Do you have any working example for UVC + UAC Composite device. I need UAC to be a part of composite compulsorily. Even with the proper descriptor , if its a composite device, Windows shows error code 10 and yellow mark for the UAC device.

Is there anything to be handled in the setup call back in the source code? Please share a working example.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the attached UVC + UAC example project. When this project is loaded onto FX3, it will enumerate with both UVC and UAC interfaces on a High-Speed port, as the descriptors are implemented only for High-Speed.  

The UAC request handling is not done in this project. You can refer to the 'cyfxuac' example project in FX3 SDK 

for handling UAC requests in the firmware.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need the UAC to be comprised of Speaker and Microphone (as a single UAC class) along with UVC class.

I was trying to build an UAC device alone (with speaker and microphone). Even that shows up error in the device manager. I guess it is something to do with bmacontrols. If i put bmacontrols of feature unit descriptor as all zeroes, the error goes away. But the audio devices does not appear in the Audio Control or Audacity software.

Attached is the firmware. Please help me.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the attached example project implementing a single IAD for both Speaker and Microphone. I have tested it on Windows 7,10 and Linux. Both Microphone and Speaker interfaces are created.

0 Likes