What a starting address of Row 0 of Flash ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given First like received First like given

I see this assignments :

#define USER_SFLASH_ROW_SIZE            (128u) // SFlash row size for 128KB flash BLE device. 
 #define USER_SFLASH_ROW0_ADDRESS        (0x0FFFF200u) /* Starting address of Row0 user SFlash row for 128KB PSoC 4 BLE device */ 

and comment that first 6 bytes is used for storing of BLE address so I need start from 0x0FFFF200u + 6 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFLASH can be written only row-wise. As first 6 bytes of row 0 can be used for BLE public device address, it is recommended that you write from row 1 onwards. You can use the API CySysSFlashWriteUserRow for this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFLASH can be written only row-wise. As first 6 bytes of row 0 can be used for BLE public device address, it is recommended that you write from row 1 onwards. You can use the API CySysSFlashWriteUserRow for this.

0 Likes
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

You  want to say that because you used 6 bytes in row 0 I can`t use it ? What a function use it ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are not really concerned about the device address which is used for advertising, then you can use Full Row 0 also for your custom data. During production, if you want to give individual address to each device, then that can also be done using SFLASH update tool. 

urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

I asked  What a function use this memory ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFLASH can be used for loading the BLE public device address. See line no: 1557 in CYBLE_eventHandler.c file:

if(CyBle_IsDeviceAddressValid(cyBle_sflashDeviceAddress) != 0u)
            {
                (void) CyBle_SetDeviceAddress(cyBle_sflashDeviceAddress);

------------------------------------------------------------------------

}

urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5

thanks !

0 Likes