CY7C64215 Device flash size does not match HEX file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I'm new in this forum and new as a Miniprog3 user.
I just bought this programmer and I want to try it. I got a hex file example from here:
http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce54097-sleep-timer-user-module

and as soon as I try programming my CY7C64215 I receive an error message and the programming stops.
Apparently there is not enough memory on this device for the .hex file to be written, but I downloaded this example cause it was supposed to be suitable for my device.

I need an hex file to write (max 16k flash). Can someone help me? Any hex file suitable would be enough to start. Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

At top of this page enter "CY7C64215" into the keywords field. Maybe you can find an example hex file.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The CY7C64215 is a USB controller, while the code example is for a PSoC1. This will not match at all.

What exactly do you want to perform? Learning PSoC? Then I would suggest you to get a CY8CKIT-059, a PSoC5 prototyping kit. See here.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer.
As I told I want to learn. But before that I want to test my Miniprog3, cause maybe it's not working. And when I'll be ready to understand it would be late to give back the programmer.
Now I have only CY7C64215 and I need to try with it.
I just need any hex file (doesn't matter much what the program does) that's suitable to program this  CY7C64215.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

At top of this page enter "CY7C64215" into the keywords field. Maybe you can find an example hex file.

Bob

0 Likes