CY29421FLXIT Factory Programmed I2C Address.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to use four CY29421FLXIT in my project.

They will communicate with the processor on the same I2C bus.

According to the datasheet the CY29421FLXIT comes with a default address of 55h.

Is it possible to order the CY29421FLXIT with different preprogrammed I2C address? (i.e. 1st CY29421FLXIT  I2CADDR=50h and 2nd CY29421FLXIT  I2CADDR=51h etc.)

What would be the full part number for a factory configured CY29421LXIxxxT to different I2C address, lets say 51h? 

What does it means "factory configured"? is it possible to continue configure the IC afterward?

Does the full part number including the "Customer Part Configuration Code"  will be printed on top of the IC?

Thanks,

Haim.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello Haim,

I will provide your requirement to our marketing team and let you know whether we can support factory programming of CY29421 devices.

Please find answer for your remaining queries below,

1. Beside the I2C address, OE active High/Low etc., that will be preprogrammed and fixed, can we change the frequency later on?

Answer) Yes, you can change output frequency afterwards. But, we recommend you to verify the JEDEC file that you create using ClockWizard software with us before programming, because the JEDEC file settings should not conflict with factory programmed settings.

2. I mean, are you going to simply use the OTP on the IC with predefined (costumer) parameters the same as can be done with the field programmable version?

Answer) Yes, we will be setting OTP of the device for factory programming.

Please let us know if you have any other related queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Haim,

Q) What does it means "factory configured"? is it possible to continue configure the IC afterward?

A) No, the factory configured parts can not be configured afterwards. The field programmable parts can be configured as per your requirements.

Factory configured means the values will be hard coded as per your choice when the parts are delivered to you where as the field programmable parts can be configured afterwards.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello Haim,

Availability of factory programmed parts depend upon the annual volume of the devices that you are planning to purchase. Could you please let us know this information?

Are you planning to do any configuration other than I2C address from factory? Please let us know the details. Once we program the device from factory, then you won't be able to configure the device anymore.

The full part number will be printed on the factory programmed part.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sudheesh,

We are planning to manufacture ~4,000 cards with 4xCY29421 IC on each card, so we are planning to purchase about 16,000 devices.

We need to preprogram only the I2C address in order to be able to communicate with all the four CY29421 on the same I2C bus.

Beside the I2C address, OE active High/Low etc., that will be preprogrammed and fixed, can we change the frequency later on?

I mean, are you going to simply use the OTP on the IC with predefined (costumer) parameters the same as can be done with the field programmable version?

Regards,

Haim.

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello Haim,

I will provide your requirement to our marketing team and let you know whether we can support factory programming of CY29421 devices.

Please find answer for your remaining queries below,

1. Beside the I2C address, OE active High/Low etc., that will be preprogrammed and fixed, can we change the frequency later on?

Answer) Yes, you can change output frequency afterwards. But, we recommend you to verify the JEDEC file that you create using ClockWizard software with us before programming, because the JEDEC file settings should not conflict with factory programmed settings.

2. I mean, are you going to simply use the OTP on the IC with predefined (costumer) parameters the same as can be done with the field programmable version?

Answer) Yes, we will be setting OTP of the device for factory programming.

Please let us know if you have any other related queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello Haim,

As per the information from our Marketing team, we can support factory programming of CY29421FLXIT devices for your requirement (16000 devices).

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello Haim,

I am just correcting my previous response. We can support factory programming of devices only if there is a requirement of 10000 units per configuration. In your case it will be only 4000 units per configuration. So, we may not be able to support factory programming. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As I understand, it is possible to change the I2C address.

I would like to know is this scenario is possible:

1) Power the IC with 1.8V (OTP programming is not available at this voltage).

2) Change the I2C address to something other than default 55h and without programming the OTP.

3) Without power cycling the IC, and after configuring the new I2C address, continue communicate with the IC, this time using the new I2C address.

Is it possible to communicate with the IC using the new I2C address without power cycling?

Haim.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another question please, what is the junction to ambient thermal resistance (in still air)?

The information is missing at the datasheet.

0 Likes