FX3: GPIF II PCLK in Master Sync Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I would like to design an FX3 application with GPIF II in Master Sync Mode. So I took a basic project (SlaveFifoSync) and add some code from the AN87216 (AutoMaster) in ordre to have a master GPIF II interface. I also made a very simple state machine (only 2 states that do nothing and move to each other with no condition with (Logic_One)), but when I try to measure the PCLK with the oscilloscope, the pin is always at 1.

I had the same result when I tried to measure it with the AutoMaster project (AN87216) with no modification.

I initialize the PLL with the function CyFxApplnSetPibDllParameters I found in the AutoMaster project. The DLL seems to be initialized correctly but I have measurable clock (always at 1).

The clock turns to 1 after the API call "CyU3PGpifLoad" and there is no error after the call of "CyU3PGpifSMStart".

Anyone has a clue about why I do not have any signal on the PCLK pin?

Best regards,

Christian

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many FX3 devices do you have? Is it happening on one chip or multiple chips? Please check with the GPIFtoUSB example and see if you are getting a clock. Please check both, while you receive data using transfer_in in the control center EP0x81. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxgpiftousb

Please attach the firmware which you used. I will see if you have made any changes that may cause this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Nishant,

Thank you very much for all your messages!

Sorry, I work in a very small company and I has to manage the PCB outsourcing and putting them into operation, etc. for the last 3 months!!! Now, I have a lot of PCB ready to use in stock and I have time to go back to my USB 3.0 project! 😄

About the PCLK clock, it was my fault. The clock was at 192 MHz and I noticed I had the 20 MHz filter enable on my oscilloscope!

I will take some time to go into my project again and I will ask you if I have any question!

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Christian

0 Likes