PSoC Creator 4.0: Import & modify components with customizers fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I just wanted to get in touch with the customizers, so I decided to make a new library and imported the demux component. After renaming the component and its files and also took care of the catalog placement, I build the project. Those steps seem to be the standard method when importing components, according to some (outdated) documents.

And voila... many error messages regarding not existing namespaces in actual context, etc. After digging a bit deeper into it, I figured out that the customizer assembly references have to be configured (this isn't mentioned anywhere!!!). So, I copied the references from the CyPrimitivesLibrary workspace, and most of the error messages went away. However, I don't want to search how to get rid of those errors. Instead, I want a clean documentation of customizers and how to create them. Cypress, you can't make statements like 'create your own customizers' and then a simple component import fails.

If there's a document describing that the assembly references also have to be configured, then it's my fault because I didn't found it. What about to make a tutorial on how to implement customizers in a clean and working way? Yes, there's a customizer API reference, but this doesn't really help without basic knowledge of how it has to be used.

Regards

Ralf

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Ralf, I reproduced problem with demux component. I had recently contacted Cypress for support on same issue, when tried to make a customizer for nput pins to no avail. In this case it may be easier to write your own demux component with verilog.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
        My experience is that after importing and renaming a component with customizer, it is necessary to find and replace all occurrences of the previous component name in the entire project space. Customizer API files have a lot of them. I second your concern re lack of documentation on customizer creation process.   
0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Hi odissey1,

it seems that the used demux component doesn't have any component names of the original component, so this seems not to be the issue.

There's also an error message after changing the assembly references when clicking the OK or APPLY button:

System.ApplicationException: Could not load exported type data for assembly 'CyFramework, Version=4.0.0.432, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Die Methode "DrawGlyph" im Typ "CyDesigner.Framework.CyLineIndicator" der Assembly "CyFramework, Version=4.0.0.432, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

Don't know if something's broken or if I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, importing and modifying components isn't as easy as Cypress states in some documents.

Regards

Ralf

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
        Ralf, I reproduced problem with demux component. I had recently contacted Cypress for support on same issue, when tried to make a customizer for nput pins to no avail. In this case it may be easier to write your own demux component with verilog.   
0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Hi odissey,

did the support mention if this will be solved in the future?

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
        In short, they said that customizer design is too difficult to support. You may try to bug them also, try to elevate the case.   
0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Then I don't know why they state that we can make our own customizers if the system is too complicated to support. I hope they'll find an easier system for the future, I like the concept.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

We don’t recommend customers to import primitive components . It’s also not recommended to import and modify complex components such as Capsense, BLE and USB 

We have an enhanced default customizer in PSoC Creator 4.1 which allow more presentable customizers to be implemented without the extra overhead of C#.

We do not support making C# customizers .