"Hello Sensor" service is not discovered

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using a mac OSX desktop application to connect to WICED Smart - using the stock "hello sensor" application. (RAM).

The application is doing very basic stuff:

1. look for devices

2. connect to the selected device

3. discover services + characteristics  on the connected device.

When running the desktop app, I can connect to the device, and can discover the 4 standard services, but can not discover the "hello service" which is identified by a 128bit UUID.

In the app, I am searching for generic / no filter/ no limitations - so I should see all services.

Now here is the strange thing:

Using a 3rd party iOS app (BLE utility by "runware") - I am able to "simulate" the hello_sensor:

-->The app is actually copying the "hello Sensor" info, and then acts as the device itself.  (very cool feature!)

When using this device "simulation" - my desktop app detects it, and able to fully detect the "hello service" and characteristics.

So this somewhat validates my desktop app, but still I need to connect to my real device.

Any suggestion on how to debug such thing?

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

I actually waited to do just that, but than realized that for the 732 chip you only support SDK1.x and NOT 2.x  :-((

For my need, i do not need all the overhead of the new family, with extra NFC etc. just the basic 732, that I already designed my board for.

It would be nice if I can work with the latest tools (on MAC OSX for example), and most updated SDK.   (it also seems like you no longer maintain SDK 1.x , is this correct?)

Thanks,

Dudi 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dudi9,

Please see our new SDK 2.0.1 to see if this resolves your issue:

WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

Thanks,

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

I actually waited to do just that, but than realized that for the 732 chip you only support SDK1.x and NOT 2.x  :-((

For my need, i do not need all the overhead of the new family, with extra NFC etc. just the basic 732, that I already designed my board for.

It would be nice if I can work with the latest tools (on MAC OSX for example), and most updated SDK.   (it also seems like you no longer maintain SDK 1.x , is this correct?)

Thanks,

Dudi 

0 Likes

We will continue to support SDK 1.1 and the BCM20732S, but if you are starting a new design, it makes sense to at least consider the BCM20736S/SDK 2.0.1 as the increased feature set supported by the duo comes at a very small price adder.

Nonetheless, we are still supporting SDK 1.1 and the 20732S with no plans to EOL either.

0 Likes