Some questions about "FX3 3-D Imaging Demo"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some questions about the "FX3 3-D Imaging Demo", the demo said "two monochromic image sensors that are self-synchronized", the self-synchronized is how to achieve it? We want to achieve binocular automatic adjustment of brightness and exposure to meet more application scenarios, can open AGC / AEC will lead to two cameras are not synchronized, I would like to ask how to solve this problem in the demo?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to make sure that the sensors are synchronized as the GPIF will be sampling the data from both the sensor at the same FV/LV. We have briefly described this condition for synchronization in AN75779 application note, section 9. Some sensors do provide a sync pin which can help to synchronize 2 sensors to give data at a signal FV/LV

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, our program is the same as your suggestion, can achieve two sensors synchronized, but after this there are some problems: because AGC / AEC have been closed, sensors in different light intensity of the adaptability is not very good, Need to be adjusted manually. Is there a way to achieve automatic exposure and automatic gain in this scenario?

Thanks

0 Likes
KeWa_2323766
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted

Nishant,

Where to download the design files of the "FX3 3-D Imaging Demo" project?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have provided AN75779 and an sample firmware with it. "FX3 3-D Imaging Demo" will need slight modification as per section 9.1 of AN75779. Please go through this section and let us know if you have any question.

0 Likes
KeWa_2323766
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted

Nishant,

Thank you. It helps a lot. May I have the part number for the daughter board with 2 image sensor that can interface  120-pin J7 on FX3 DVK demo board? I want to evaluate it while waiting for customized hardware design.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Likes