Linker Not Called

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShLa_2252246
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with PSoc Creator 4.0 Update 1 where it does not properly detect when a link is required. If I change a .c file and select build project, it compiles the c file but then said the link step is up to date and does not link in the changes. Here is an example output. As you can see I changed PIDControl.c so it compiled the file but then the linker was not called.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

--------------- Build Started: 03/19/2017 09:12:51 Project: MacanumBuggy, Configuration: ARM GCC 4.9-2015-q1-update Debug ---------------

The code generation step is up to date.

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC5 -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_493\Debug/PIDControl.lst -g -D DEBUG -Wall -ffunction-sections -Og -ffat-lto-objects -c PIDControl.c -o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_493\Debug\PIDControl.o

The link step is up to date, no work needs to be done.

cyelftool.exe -C "Z:\Programming\Cypress\RC Projects\MacanumBuggy.cydsn\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_493\Debug\MacanumBuggy.elf" --flash_row_size 256 --flash_size 262144

cyelftool.exe -S "Z:\Programming\Cypress\RC Projects\MacanumBuggy.cydsn\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_493\Debug\MacanumBuggy.elf"

Flash used: 37572 of 262144 bytes (14.3 %).

SRAM used: 3957 of 65536 bytes (6.0 %). Stack: 2048 bytes. Heap: 512 bytes.

--------------- Build Succeeded: 03/19/2017 09:12:54 ---------------

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Maybe the ELF file has a time stamp in the future (for some reason)?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest to try a "Clean and Build Project". When that fails, I would assume you are changing the wrong file.

Bob

0 Likes

That is how I have to compile right now. I have to clean, then rebuild. Then my changes are included.

After this when modify one file and do a normal build that changed file is compiled but the linker is not called.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes