TCPWM on the PSoC5LP Dev Board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the PSoC5LP dev board capable of running the components necessary to develop a TCPWM interface as in this datasheet?

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/psoc-4-timer-counter-pulse-width-modulator...

This is my first run at a PSoC solution, i'm coming from embedded linux background and PIC stuff..

Want to make sure im headed in the right direction.

Chris 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The TCPWM component of PSoC4 differs from similar components in PSoC5. On the other hand are the PSoC5 components I mentioned in my last post available in the PSoC4. although fewer instantiations possible.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Chris.

When you install as IDE PSoC Creator 4.0 and start a project with a PSoC5 chip you will find a timer component, a counter and a PWM component.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok i understand, PSoC creator then handles the appropriate component compatibility.  Are those separate components any more or less efficient than the process defined in the document linked above, or are they the same?

thank you for your response.

Chris

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The TCPWM component of PSoC4 differs from similar components in PSoC5. On the other hand are the PSoC5 components I mentioned in my last post available in the PSoC4. although fewer instantiations possible.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok i understand, thank you for the response..

chris

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is your program it is for the Pioneer board but should give you some ideals also there is a PDF that explains it in the program.