FX2LP won't boot from eeprom

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I successfuly write a 64KB eeprom, but after reset or reenumerate, it boots as default. Any ideas on where to look? I have replaced the eeprom already with a fresh new one. Cypress Control Panel writes to it, but it seems that at boot time, FX2LP won't recognize it.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Are you using a Cypress FX2LP DVK or do you have a custom board, if so, please share your schematics. 

2) Please probe the I2C lines and see if you are getting signals over them.  Please ensure that you have used .iic file to program the device (not the .hex)

3) Do you see this behavior on only one FX2LP board, or do you see this on multiple devices? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Nishant,

I have a custom board in production already. Only one of the cards is having this problem. I have checked all pins for proper soldering, replaced already the eeprom. When loading the large eeprom I get a "succesful" message, but it won't read from it. I'm looking into it so I replace the FX2LP chip on the board. These boards a have very expensive componets and I don't want to throw it away because a faulty chip. I just want to make sure there is nothing else to check.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

whenever i used to program the eeprom (24lc128) on development kit FX2LP(CY3684) ,following error occur "EEPROM NOT ENABLED"  Is there any way to load / program the new eeprom according to development kit FX2LP(CY3684)?  Below is the link of website from where i bought the new eeprom for development kit FX2LP(CY3684).

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/integrated-circuits-ics/memory/774?k=24lc128-i

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please use control center for programming. You can find the control center application in the following location:

C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Windows Applications\Application Source files\c_sharp\controlcenter\bin\Release

If you are using CY3684 DVK, then you will be having 2 switches (SW1 and SW2) that control the access to EEPROM.

If you want to program the large EEPROM, then the following the below steps:

1. First make the switch positions as below:

SW2 - No EEPROM

SW1 - Don't care

Now connect the kit to the PC and open control center from the above location.

You can see that the device appears as 'FX2LP No EEPROM Device" in the application.

2. Now change the switch positions as below:

SW2 - EEPROM

SW1 - Large EEPROM

Now using control center program the Large EEPROM with the required .iic file (I hope you are aware of using the control center for programming FX2LP RAM/EEPROM)

3. Now after you get 'programming successful' message, the EEPROM is programmed.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please load Vend_Ax.hex firmware(present in FX2LP DVK examples) to RAM(using controlcenter) and pass the vendor command(0xa9 Dir-IN wValue-0x0000) and see if you are able to read the contents of the EEPROM. If you are not able to, then the EZ-USB is not able to access the EEPROM. Please check if the pull-ups on SCL and SDA are proper. While passing the Vendor commands probe the I2C lines to check if the Vendor command is passing through.

Regards,

hman 

Hemanth
0 Likes