Timer (UDB) and CPU in psoc 5lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
song_285461
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

How to Timer (UDB) and interrup on TC of (Timer) wokd  when CPU of Psoc 5lp not working?

Please tell me!

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

The WDT circuit asserts a hardware reset to the device after a preprogrammed interval, unless it is periodically serviced in firmware.

The value of the reset status register (RESET_SR0) is read and cleared any time the device is booted.
That value is saved to a global SRAM variable.
 The watchdog reset (WRES) and software initiated reset (SRES) sources preserve the RESET_SR0 register. For more information,
refer to the device  TRM(page#142) available at these link-

http://www.cypress.com/file/123561/download

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

All logic in the UDB runs even with the CPU stopped. Think of it as having an additional logic curcuit in addition to the CPU.

When a timer creates in interrupt, it should wake up the CPU though, so it can handle the interrupt.

0 Likes

Hello hli. I am using watch dog timer for reset CPU when it stop. I use 2 funtion:

set up  : CyWdtStart(CYWDT_1024_TICKS,CYWDT_LPMODE_NOCHANGE);// WATHDOG_TIME FOR RESET SYSTERM

end reset:CY_WDT_CR_REG = CY_WDT_CR_FEED; // reset watch dog

But I puted funtion :CY_WDT_CR_REG = CY_WDT_CR_FEED in a interrupt (10 ms) on TC of other timer:

CY(Timer)

{

CY_WDT_CR_REG = CY_WDT_CR_FEED;

}

Please Tell me: when CPU stop, watch dog timer do reset CPU or register of watch dog timer do reset?

0 Likes

RTFM

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

The WDT circuit asserts a hardware reset to the device after a preprogrammed interval, unless it is periodically serviced in firmware.

The value of the reset status register (RESET_SR0) is read and cleared any time the device is booted.
That value is saved to a global SRAM variable.
 The watchdog reset (WRES) and software initiated reset (SRES) sources preserve the RESET_SR0 register. For more information,
refer to the device  TRM(page#142) available at these link-

http://www.cypress.com/file/123561/download

0 Likes