Connection about EZ USB FX3 board with ADC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I have a question about EZ USB FX3 .Now I have a 10 Ms/s,12 Bit ADC,which has four channels,and the data is 13 bit,including 1 bit clock.Now I want to use the Fx3 to transfer the data to PC via the usb3.0 by time division multiple access.   So,I want to know how to connect the FX3 board with my ADC? Or I can take a photo with my connection. I wonder if  you can help me  check with it. Thank you !

regards,

Alex

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be good if you attach the block diagrams with the required interface connections. 

If your ADC gives parallel data, then you can use GPIF. If however your ADC gives serial data, FX3 provides you with serial interfaces as well (we also have sample firmware for serial communication in FX3 SDK)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Nishant

Thanks for your answer.Because my data is parallel,I am learning GPIF and I want to use FX3 to control my ADC.So I wonder if it can be finished by state machine? Or I have to finish On arm9 programming.Thank you !

regards, 

Alex

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the GPIF interface, and use the ADC output to indicate the GPIF when to sample. Let us know for any further query. Please note that GPIF can be configured for 8/16/24/32 bit only.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,Nishant

Thanks for your reply.You mean FX3 only can be configured for 8/16/24/32 bit only.If my data is 13 bit,dose it mean  I can not use the FX3? Thank you.

Alex

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The GPIF has to be configure in one of the 8/16/24/32bit mode. IF you have 13 bits, you can consider 16 bit interface, but every time, you will have to discard the last 3 bytes of every IN_data call.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello ,Nishant ,how to discard the last 3 bytes of IN_data,use counter of GPIF? Is there some attached example?I read the fimeware ,but they are all 8/16/32 bit data ,so need not consider this problem .But I need to consider?please help me!

thank you !

regards

ALex

0 Likes