Creator 4.0 Export to Makefile Bug Reports

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

First off, thanks for adding the export to Makefile option to PSoC Creator 4.0. It's a greatly needed feature that enables tons of new tooling for PSoC project code.

However, I've encountered some bugs that I'd like some assistance with. I'll add each bug as a separate reply to this post. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug #1: Per-file command line options are ignored

Setup:

• Windows 10
  •     
  • PSoC Creator 4.0 Update 1 (4.0.0.432)
  •     
  • MinGW 32 bit
  •    

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new CYBLE-012011-00 project (I suspect this is an issue for all chip families, but have not taken the time to verify this yet)
  3. Start with the pre-populated schematic
  5. Right-click "Source > main.c" and select "Build Settings..."
  7. Select the ARM GCC 4.9-2015-q1-update Toolchain (Again, probably toolchain independent, but not verified)
  9. Choose "main.c > ARM GCC 4.9-2015-q1-update > Compiler > Command Line"
  11. Enter "-DMissedOption=1" as a Custom Flag
  13. (Optional) Clean and Build the project in Creator, observe that main.c is compiled with the "-DMissedOption=1" added
  15. Open the export dialog by selecting the "Project > Export To IDE (ProjName)..." menu item
  17. Select the "Makefile" radio button, click "Next"
  19. Check the box to export "main.c", click "Next"
  21. Click "Export"
  23. Open an Msys shell (Path to MinGW install\msys\1.0\msys.bat)
  25. Navigate to the .cydsn project file
  27. Run "make"
  29. Observe that main.c is *NOT* built with the option included

Attaching the observed/expected build output is causing a permission error from the forum software, so unfortunately I cannot include that here

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug #2: makefile unable to find header file

My workspace has four projects and one library in it. When I export the main project and build in msys one of the include files cannot be found.

The problem include comes from another project in the workspace, so the relative path is "../<Project2>.cydsn/file.h" Unfortunately, I've been unable to reduce this to a simple steps to reproduce from a new project. I'm verifying that Cypress and my company have executed an NDA, so please contact me directly to get a copy of the project.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Can you please just mention the purpose of using  MinGW 32 bit in your application

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using MinGW so I can run make from the MSYS shell. I'm trying to get this project building without an IDE so that I can use some static analysis tools on the code.

0 Likes
IanF_56
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked First question asked First solution authored

Thomas,

Is there someone in Cypress with your email address? Your profile doesn't have it, so I am unable to email you directly for the NDA-protected project.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes