Infinite loop crash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
EnPa_1371286
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

I am programming a CYBLE-022001-00 and I am getting a curious issue: the software crashes and when I pause the debugger, the Program Counter is at 0xFFFFFFFE, which according to the Cortex-M memory map is a vendor specific area.

For the complete call stack information and the core registers, please refer to the attached screenshot.

Any idea what could have caused this issue?

Kind regards, Enpa

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that is the location of the "DefaultIntHandler", and is only reached if you called an invalid operation on the BLESS, or somehow caused the BLESS to enter an unhandled error state.

My guess is that you called a Cyble_ function while the BLESS was turned off, or something similar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that is the location of the "DefaultIntHandler", and is only reached if you called an invalid operation on the BLESS, or somehow caused the BLESS to enter an unhandled error state.

My guess is that you called a Cyble_ function while the BLESS was turned off, or something similar.

0 Likes
EnPa_1371286
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Thank you for your answer. You are right: I wrote a custom hardfault handler and put a breakpoint in it. This seems so be the problem.

I'll have to investigate further to find out what is causing the hardfault to happen.

I don't think that Cyble_functions are getting called with the BLE system stopped. It must be something else.

Kind regards, Enpa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm; Usuallly I run into it when calling CyBle functions incorrectly, but if you are sure it isn't that, then it must be an interrupt for something else that isn't being handle. 

Good luck with the hunting, Pratt

0 Likes