GPIF II Serial Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am attempting to create a serial GPIF II interface in the designer tool and have been following the instructions posted here: http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=75590 . Has there been any update to this or is the only way to implement a serial interface achieved by manually editing the generated header file?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So far there is no update on this. Only way available now is to manually edit the header file.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.

1) Just to clarify the method used to convert to a serial interface, if I generate a header file using the GPIF II designer which has values:

0x80008330,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_CONFIG */

0x00000082,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_SERIAL_IN_CONFIG */

0x00000782,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_SERIAL_OUT_CONFIG */

then I can make this into a serial interface by changing these three values to:

0x8000A330,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_CONFIG */ -- 14th bit set high

0x00007C83,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_SERIAL_IN_CONFIG */ -- TH0 used for transfer into the FX3

0x00001F87,  /*  CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_SERIAL_OUT_CONFIG */ -- TH1 used for transfer out of the FX3

Would really appreciate a clear answer to this since I am having issues with my current state machine config. 

2) Also, does it matter what value I have the data bus width set to in the GPIF II designer 'Interface Definition' screen for this method to work? I have it set to 8-bit currently.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1) Please use 0x8000C330 instead of 0x8000A330 in CY_U3P_PIB_GPIF_CONFIG . I see that you have set the 13th bit high instead of 14th. Other registers are fine.

2) No it does not matter. You can have any bus width in the designer.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes