regarding speed for own motor config

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Professionals,

I am trying to make BLDC control using sensorless for my own motor. I used an example to modify according to my motor parameters, and I entered my motor parameters in the program. But the motor rotates only at a certain speed like with a very low rpm(approx.1000rpm). What to do to get the more Rpm? my motor rated speed is 16000 rpm. Can anyone please tell me the solution?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
15 Replies
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi,

Some more information is needed:

What example did you use?

Which MCU and/or starter Kit are you using?

Basically you have to increase the frequency of your electric field for more rpm, because the rotor will follow it as long as enough torque is produced by the motor. Higher frequency equals higher rpm.

I also think one thread is enough, so the discussion is not split in different sections, so I will delete the other one in the FM3 forum.

kind regards,

Achim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I adapted the Sensorless FOC motor control example project for my own motor configuration. I am using CY8CKIT-037 with sensorless FOC motor control program in PSoC 4 creator. How could I get Kp and Ki values to enter?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mr.Achim,

Could you please help me? I tried with more frequency but getting the same result?

Thanks

0 Likes
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi,

Ok, it is PSoC4 based, so this is the wrong subforum. I will move it accordingly.

The speedcontrol is done in the function updateSpeedrefFromVR() in foc.c where a voltage reference (potentiometer) is referred to a desired speed and also the acceleration ramps are handled. This reference is then used in the FOC_MainLoop_ISR to control the speed.

Does changing the potentiometer change Motor speed?

Can you also share the motor specifications? Rated voltage, current, K/V, ...

kind regards,

Achim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Motor specifications are:

No.of.pole pairs: 5,  No.of phases: 3, Rated voltage:12V, Rated speed:1600rpm, Torque at 16000rpm: 0.04Nm approx,  Line to line resistance: 19mOhms, Line to line inductance: 26uH, Max peak current: 15Amps

I tried the speed changing by varying the potentiometer but no changes were seen. And could you please tell me Do I have to make any changes at Kp and Ki constants?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

could you please answer?

Thanks

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi,

Please confirm you had set proper values in cymc_MAL.h file.

I don't think the issue is with PI tunning. PI will help you attain the required speed,  fast and with stability. But it will reach the target speed nonetheless.

Thanks

Jobin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, Thanks for the message. I set the correct values in cymc_MAL.h file. It reaches target speed but how to vary the speed? How much values to be there in the PI settings to get speed like 6000rpm? Thanks   
0 Likes

Hello,

You are mentioning that 'it reach the target speed'. Please mention the target speed, and how do you set this speed as the target speed.

Jobin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Mr.Jobin, I mean I adapted the sensorless FOC control example program and with this motor runs with some speed until the speed which is given in example program. How can I change the speed in this? Do I have to calculate values such as Kp,Ki,ramp up acceleration, rotor alignment time,etc., ? Will it not be possible to do my own motor configuration by adapting example program and changing the my own motor parameters? Thanks in advance   
0 Likes

Hi,

The rated speed is defined in Cymc_MAL.h, have you tried increasing the rated speed by changing the #define M_RATED_SPEED. Please confirm.
The Kp and Ki values will help you reach the rated speed fast. But there is no accurate value, you need to tune it. But one thing I like to confirm is you should be able to reach the required speed even with the current PI values.

Jobin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Mr.Jobin, Yes, I tried increasing rated speed by changing #define M_RATED_SPEED, though it runs like with same speed as I saw before. Are any calculations needed for ramp up values and others? But I don't know what I made mistake. Thanks   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello Mr.Jobin, Will it not be possible to run my own motor with its rated speed by adapting an example FOC sensorless Bldc code? If yes where could I change the speed parameter? Could you please tell me? Thanks   
0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee

Hello,

There are two examples. 1) Sensorless FOC and 2) Sensorless BLDC, so please confirm which one you are referring.

The rated speed is defined in Cymc_MAL.h, have you tried increasing the rated speed by changing the #define M_RATED_SPEED

Jobin

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee

Please attach the project, so we can have a look regarding your configurations. And provide complete information of the motor you are trying to drive.

Jobin

0 Likes