Availability and support for CY3687 MoBL-USB FX2LP18 Developers Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm interested in evaluating the FX2LP18 USB controller in an upcoming low-power embedded design and I would like to purchase the CY3687 Developers Kit.  However, according to the Cypress Website (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy3687-mobl-usb-fx2lp18-development-kit) this kit is out of stock and the only distributor that seems to carry this development kit (Avnet) also does not have it in stock.

Is the CY3687 Development Kit still available for purchase?  If so, what is the current lead-time for this kit and where can it be purchased?

Is the MoBL-USB FX2LP18 controller still supported and recommended for new dessigns or would the FX2LP be a better choice for a low-power embedded design since the development kits for this part (CY3684) appears to be widely available from multiple distributors and directly from Cypress?  Since this is a low-power design I would prefer the FX2LP18 since the core operates at 1.8 V vs. 3.3 V for the FX2LP.

As another possible alternative, since the new design will only be connecting to a USB 2.0 host, is it possible that the FX3 would consume less power than the FX2LP / FX2LP18 when connected to a USB 2.0 host?

Any feedback would be appreciated.  I look forward to your response.

- Brad

0 Likes
0 Replies