Problem with sending data via ESP8266

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm working on sending data via Wi-Fi module ESP8266 from my kit to the serwer, right now I'm trying to get the response of this module after using the AT+CIPSEND command, unfortunately sometimes it works properly, and sometimes it doesn't. I have no clue what could be wrong right now. The problem is that about 50% of runs ends up with the ESP8266 restarts on its own after I send the CIPSEND command. When I searched in the Internet it says that the restart is caused because of the timeout of the device (rst cause 4) but on the other hand sometimes it works. Could You please give me a hand? I attach my whole project to this post. the function that I'm mentioning is in the load_com function when gE is pressed on the keyboard.

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

As you are using the PSoC® 4200 Protoyping Kit (CY8CKIT-049-42xx) Are you running it over the USB power or are you using 3.3 Volt supply? Also what model of ESP8266 are you using and have you programmed it? I have found that this device can be affected by USB signals.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm using the kit that You mentioned. I'm running it over the USB power, but I've made some wire that lowers the voltage from 5 V to 3.3V not to damage the ESP, so my kit has a 3.3 Volt supply that way. I haven't programmed it, right now I'm thinking about upgrading the firmware, because from what I can see right now there is a version from 2013, so it could also be a cause of this problem. Also I was connecting this ESP to the USB port directly via some device, don't know how it's named in English, let's say its USB adapter and it's working fine. The problem is only when I connect it to my PSOC 4

0 Likes