How do create a standalone application (so you don't need the programmer attached)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just finished my first project. I feel confident with the software but I don't know how to create a standalone executable. ATM I have to attach the usb programmer for the uploaded program to boot and run. Have tried changing the project build options from debug to release but that didn't change anything. Simple question I know so I appreciate anyone who takes the time to reply. Have tried looking through the documentation and google but obviously not looking in the right place.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You do not need the programmer to boot and run your program/project. What you need is a stable power supply. You may snap-off the Kitprog and run the board alone. When you need to re-program the board you need to re-connect the Kitprog using the 5-pin interface.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You do not need the programmer to boot and run your program/project. What you need is a stable power supply. You may snap-off the Kitprog and run the board alone. When you need to re-program the board you need to re-connect the Kitprog using the 5-pin interface.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm that's interesting. I'm using a custom made board (using the 5LP ) with the 5 pin interface. The board has it's own power supply. The LCD powers up but the program only runs when I connect the programmer to the usb port. I will try removing the programmers connector from the board and take a closer look at the schematic. Thank you, you've saved me alot of time trying to solve the wrong problem 🙂

0 Likes