Psoc Creator 4 - GPIO Interrupt - DeepSleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

May anyone provide me a sample of code to handle an interrupt on an external pin that coexists with DeepSleep mode?
Compared to previous versions Psoc Creator 4 has introduced some difference in this regard ?

TNX

0 Likes
5 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

You can't wake the Component up from deep sleep with a regular  Interrupt. You need to use the I2C component to wake up the device and an external I2C signal to wake up the device.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Deep sleep can be exited by a GPIO interrupt.

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

@Bob Marlowe I was going by this information in this video .http://www.cypress.com/video-library/PSoC-Software/psoc-101-lesson-17-deep-sleep/387641

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

PSoC 4 devices can wakeup from deep sleep with the GPIO interrupt. See the image attached which shows the wake up sources on each power mode. 

@bob goar : I think you got confused by this statement "While it saves more power, deep sleep has fewer options for waking up. In sleep mode all the hardware continues to run and any interrupt wakes the device up. Deep sleep shuts down most of the hardware and so those interrupts cannot fire. One exception to that rule is the serial communication blocks, which has an enable wake from deep sleep option in I2C mode." It means the interrupts generated from hardware block will not be available as they are shutdown. Hope this clears the confusion.

@iFedex: I have attached one simple PICU interrupt based example project for your reference

All this info including the table can be found in this appnote : http://www.cypress.com/file/121271/download

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes