BCM20736 - Wireless Rechargeable Circuit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the rechargeable circuit available on the BCM20736 module? There is interest in this part but I need to verify that you can use that circuitry on the module first.

Regards,

Brandon Bright

1 Solution

Update 9/29/14: Found out today that the wireless charging reference design has been pushed out based on alot of fluctuations within the A4WP standard, so we will no longer be included as part of the SDK 2.2 release. We do not have an ETA on when this feature/platform will be released, but will update the forum when known.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We are currently working on a Wireless Charging reference design that you will fund useful, but at the current time we do not have a sample layout we can provide.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there currently a scheduled release date for the Wireless Charging reference design?

We are interested in implementing the BCM20736 in a new product design, but also need to know if we can use the wireless charging circuitry as well. Thank you.

Best regards,

Guilford Cantave

0 Likes

The BCM59350 is a PMU which supports A4WP.  This press release talks about it being coupled with WICED-SMART and supported in an upcoming release of the SDK:

Press release:  Wireless Charging Power Management Unit (PMU) Chip - BCM59350 | Broadcom.

Still waiting for release date.  Sorry I don't have that.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news about the wireless charging ?

And Is the wireless charging under medical norm (safety basis) as well ?

Thanks

0 Likes

We had a Wireless Charging Reference Design scheduled for release this quarter.  I believe this design will be IOP tested and will require an A4WP approved coil. I have not heard of any Medical certifications that we are pursuing to accompany the design.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf

About the medical question, I was speaking about the bcm2073x chip itself not about the design.

as I'm sure you know, the pdf (BCM20736 soc Datasheet) speaks about medical application (blood sensors and other heath sensor) I was then wondering if the chip will reach a medical norm.

0 Likes

I'm not aware of any specific medical certifications associated with the chip itself either. As for the wireless charging design, I checked this morning and it looks like we are still about a month or so away from the release of the wireless charging design.

0 Likes

Update 9/29/14: Found out today that the wireless charging reference design has been pushed out based on alot of fluctuations within the A4WP standard, so we will no longer be included as part of the SDK 2.2 release. We do not have an ETA on when this feature/platform will be released, but will update the forum when known.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK 2.2 is release, so I'm wondering if you have any news on the A4WP feature status ?

And if you have any document in early stage that we could see, this would be a lot for us already...

Thanks

0 Likes

Unfortunately, we have nothing new to report with regards to Wireless charging.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Could I check, any news on wireless charging support, is there an external circuit that a customer could reference or a chipset ?

cheers

Mark

0 Likes

The wireless charging reference design continues to be pushed out based on alot of fluctuations within the A4WP standard. We do not have an ETA on when this feature/platform will be released, but will update the forum when known. We expect to be able to provide more definitive direction near the end of the summer.

0 Likes