CY5670 Cysmart USB dongle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using CY5670 Cysmart USB dongle to scan the bluetooth device of android mobile or wireless printer. I am facing problem with CY5670 Cysmart USB dongle that it is not scanning bluetooth devices other than Cypress BLE modules (ex:- CYBLE-214009 and CY8C4247LQI-BL-483). I have tried to configure the Master settings in Cysmart 1.2 application but no result obtained yet. Can you help me out regarding this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySmart USB dongle will only be able to identify other Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices that are in an advertising state. Other Bluetooth 3.x or older devices (so-called "classic" Bluetooth) or any device not implementing or using the Low Energy part of the Bluetooth 4.x specification will be completely invisible. For example, you will not be able to see most headsets or portable Bluetooth speakers. Modern Android smartphones usually support BLE, but they will not automatically be advertising under normal circumstances; this requires a custom app running on the device.

What is the brand and model of the printer you are trying to scan for?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY5670 Cysmart USB dongle

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySmart USB dongle will only be able to identify other Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices that are in an advertising state. Other Bluetooth 3.x or older devices (so-called "classic" Bluetooth) or any device not implementing or using the Low Energy part of the Bluetooth 4.x specification will be completely invisible. For example, you will not be able to see most headsets or portable Bluetooth speakers. Modern Android smartphones usually support BLE, but they will not automatically be advertising under normal circumstances; this requires a custom app running on the device.

What is the brand and model of the printer you are trying to scan for?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I am using Evolute pride thermal wireless printer with Bluetooth 4.0 specification. Even I tried to scan my iPhone 5s (Bluetooth 4.0) with CySmart USB dongle but nothing comes in my hand. what should i do now?

Awaiting for your reply

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here below is a link for Evolute pride thermal printer brochure

http://www.justransact.com/brochure/evolute-pride-mobile-printer-brochur...

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here below is a link for Evolute pride thermal printer brochure

http://www.justransact.com/brochure/evolute-pride-mobile-printer-brochure.pdf

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the PDF, it appears that this printer uses the classic Serial Port Profile (SPP) implementation for wireless communication. This is common for Bluetooth-enabled printers. However, it means that neither your iPhone (which intentionally does not support SPP) nor the CySmart dongle (which is low-energy only, not SPP capable) will be able to communicate with the printer.

Any Android smartphone with Bluetooth support should be able to communicate with it, or any Windows, Mac, or Linux machine with a typical Bluetooth HCI dongle (e.g. IOGear GBU-521, Cirago BTA-8000, etc.) will also be able to. All of those devices support classic SPP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i got it.

Thanks for the support.

0 Likes