Smartbridge Doc?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any documentation for the bt_smartbrige app supplied in the WICED SDK?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes the SmartBridge board is available via Avnet, and supported in the SDK.  Note: there may be other sites offering them.

For example, the BCM9WCD1BRIDGE_1 board (uses BCM43362 + BCM20702) and replaces the BCM9WWCDPLUS144 board.  I simply did a "Part Search" at Avnet with the keyword    "bcm9wcd" and found: https://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController?langId=-1&storeId=500201&catalogId=500201&N=0&a...

This 43362 based platform is supported in SDK 2.4.1 and later.

There is also a BCM9WCD5EVAL1_1 SmartBridge board that uses the BCM43341 (combination chip) and is supported in SDK 3.0.1 and later.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Smart Bridge Board part is BCM9WCDplus114 - at least I was told this in recent training.

As of yet, I have not been able to find any documentation on this board.
0 Likes
SuLe_1710756
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received First like given
Hi,

At this present, could you provide documentation for bt_smartbridge app in SDK 2.4.0? If not, when could you release it?

One more thing, how can I get the smart bridge board BCM9WCDplus114?

Thanks,

smlee
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Theres a description about the application at the top of <Wiced-SDK>/demo/bt_smartbridge/bt_smartbridge.c. App note for SmartBridge in general is coming, even though theres no exact date yet when were going to release it. Hope that helps.

Aji
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the SmartBridge h/w and SDK ready? If Yes how can we get it? thanks!
0 Likes

Yes the SmartBridge board is available via Avnet, and supported in the SDK.  Note: there may be other sites offering them.

For example, the BCM9WCD1BRIDGE_1 board (uses BCM43362 + BCM20702) and replaces the BCM9WWCDPLUS144 board.  I simply did a "Part Search" at Avnet with the keyword    "bcm9wcd" and found: https://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController?langId=-1&storeId=500201&catalogId=500201&N=0&a...

This 43362 based platform is supported in SDK 2.4.1 and later.

There is also a BCM9WCD5EVAL1_1 SmartBridge board that uses the BCM43341 (combination chip) and is supported in SDK 3.0.1 and later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

Many thanks for the useful info. BTW, for BCM943341WCD1 mounted on BCM9WCD5EVAL1_1, does it also ready on SDK3.0.1? And where can I buy the h/w board for evaluation? thanks!

James

0 Likes

I do have a BCM943341WCD1 mounted on BCM9WCD5EVAL1_1 running on SDK 3.0.1 which I acquired from our marketing team because I have a customer using the same hardware.  I do not know it's public availability.

Note, 43341 may have been supported back on 3.0.0 release, I only tested it on 3.0.1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

Do you know where I could get a BCM9WCD5EVAL1_1 SmartBridge board that uses the BCM43341? I searched around and found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply - I was traveling.  Let me check on its availability, timeframe, etc.

0 Likes