How to send the data by ADC—SAR—Seq through BLE 4.2 to the mobile client?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all, 
I'm started to work with cy8c4247lqi-bl483 of CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit.I have looked at a lot of examples of BLE and have not found an example that can tell me how to send data through Bluetooth to the client. I need some help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

HRS is the heart rate service. Its supposed to send heart rate data to a client which knows this profile. You are not supposed to modify that function - its specific to this BLE service profile.

I strongly recommend reading the introductory material, and watch the BLE 101 videos. They explain how BLE works, which is what you need to understand.

You can send waveforms via BLE (BTDT), but its not directly suited for live-streaming data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What examples have you tried and what kind of data are you trying to send?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, but I have some doubts. I found this statement from the heart rate measurement example:

CyBle_HrssSendNotification(cyBle_connHandle, CYBLE_HRS_HRM, nextPtr, pdu)

So,can I customize one of these functions?like CyBle_HrssSendNotification.

I want to send a series of waveforms to the client by BLE.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I think most of the "100 BLE projects" do send data to a client. Even the "Getting started with PSoC4 BLE" AppNote talks about that...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, but I have some doubts. I found this statement from the heart rate measurement example:

CyBle_HrssSendNotification(cyBle_connHandle, CYBLE_HRS_HRM, nextPtr, pdu)

So,can I customize one of these functions?like CyBle_HrssSendNotification.

I want to send a series of waveforms to the client by BLE.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

HRS is the heart rate service. Its supposed to send heart rate data to a client which knows this profile. You are not supposed to modify that function - its specific to this BLE service profile.

I strongly recommend reading the introductory material, and watch the BLE 101 videos. They explain how BLE works, which is what you need to understand.

You can send waveforms via BLE (BTDT), but its not directly suited for live-streaming data.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read some of the Bluetooth documents, probably understand some about Bluetooth. Now the problem is that I want to implement Bluetooth to send some data to the GATT client. This project is not an existing project on the site, which is my custom project. How should I write a program that can provide a similar example?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start with the API documentation for the BLE component:

Right-click->Open_API_Documentation, then look under the GATT topics for exchanging data between the client and the server (technical terms related to how the two devices connected should generally behave).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to know are there any examples about ECG monitor? I want to know how the data send to UART from AD? Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There may be an ECG-related example, but I don't know where, what, or who 🙂

For developing an ECG monitor, there are multiple steps you would need to take if you want to send the data over UART from the ADC:

First, convert an ADC sample (read from the sensor).

Secondly, transmit it over UART using some protocol/format for the other end.

And last of all, repeat for the total data samples/sampling that you want 🙂

0 Likes