Dummy connectors in design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaPi_2071911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have just started with PsoC 5 and following Cypress document http://www.cypress.com/blog/psoc-insiders-blog/manchester-code however I do not know how to create dummy connectors as in referenced article. I ended up having pins which I need to connect otherwise I would get error about not connecting all visible ports.

Any hints welcome 🙂 

Thanks

Rafal

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

Target should be not to pick up stray noise from power line via unused pins of the PSoC. Pins not in use are high impendance and will easily pick up unwanted voltages. Connecting those pins to GND would help, but will reduce the flexibility of the pcb. Definig these pins as resistive pull down inputs will increase the power losses. So it is up to you what to do.

Bob

0 Likes
RaPi_2071911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob,

I might have asked question incorrectly. If you look at the image below from the mentioned post 

As you can see MISO and reset are connected to 'dummy ports' on the designer page. So what I'm trying to do is to avoid having connect pins that I will not be using.

I hope this clarifies what I'm after here

Thanks

Rafal

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The two components connected to miso and reset are "logical zero" components and not any external pins. So you are on the right side of the street.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
RaPi_2071911
Level 1
Level 1

That worked liek a charm! Thanks a lot! 

0 Likes