Writing 16bit to value to pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaPi_2071911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I'm looking into coding device which uses 16 pins to transfer 16bit data using PsoC 5LP . As I start with PsoC I'm looking for some tips where to find more information about how to go about it. 

Till now what I have seen is I could use control register or group 8 pins but that would allow me to write 8bit value only.

But when I group 16 pins I dont have access to i.e. writing directly 16bits. 

I have taken a look at several documents and some of the components and If I'm correct here I would need to write to appropriate port registers functions to write 16bit value ? and most likely use CY_SET_REG16 to write my desired value ? 

Thanks in advance for any help here

Regards

Rafal

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Writing 16 bits does not need control registers for buffering, you can write to the ports directly. You will need an additional signal (you would need it too when you use only an 8bit transmission) to indicate to the reading part that data is valid.

When you tell us a bit more (or even 8 bits more 😉 what the overall system is to perform we could have some more advices.

Bob

0 Likes
RaPi_2071911
Level 1
Level 1

Sure - I'm trying to write code which would interfere with TFT LCD SSD1963 controller display using 16bit data bus.

I know we have a component for this 🙂 but I'm discovering the PsoC and would like to write code for initialisation of the device self 

Raf

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

For use the display and 16-bit bus, I use GraphicLCDIntf component
I have an example for SSD1289 and CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP:   SSD1289x16_touch.zip
It here: http://mylab.wmsite.ru/moi-razrab/cypress-psoc/
Maybe it helps you a little bit.

0 Likes

Thanks for those resources - they look really helpful. I will most likely do some testing next week and will post back results.

0 Likes
RaPi_2071911
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your input but I believe I will have to investigate exactly what I'm trying to achieve here. For now I'm back to drawing board studying documentation and AN 

Thanks! 

Rafal

0 Likes