Connecting a bus with an index offset in schematic

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

hello,

I have a control register (8 bit wide bus) in my schematic, and I want to take that bus and run it to two places.  the first destination is just a straight connection bit for bit.  for the other destination, I want to send the control register's upper 7 bits to the destinations lower 7 bits (a right shift, effectively) and concatenate a different wire onto the upper input.  

something like:

assign destination_reg[7:0] =  {single_bit , control_reg[7:1]}

such that if single_bit is 1, and control_reg was 00110101, that destination_reg[7:0] would be 10011010

what is the best way to do this in the schematic editor?  I don't know how to manipulate the buses well enough.  I could make 7 series-pairs of not gates (effectively a buffer), and assign the inputs to the upper bits of the control_reg bus, then assign the outputs to the lower bits of the destination_reg, but that's really messy.

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can try editing the wire option and set the index as shown in image attached-

0 Likes
lock attach
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Attaching a project to help you better.

Thanks

JOBIN

0 Likes
lock attach
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Psoc4_guy,

You can use a Dummy component to resolve bus routing issues like that:

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/dummy-empty-component-digital-bus-routing

Project example attached.

0 Likes