Problem Programming with MiniProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a board with a PSOC5 CY8C5268AXI chip that I am trying to communicate with using a miniprog3, I am using external power, SWD communication via the 5-pin connector. I can get it to recognize the chip and connect but then it looses connection and cant find it again without repowering the miniprog3. 

See video of issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-JARF-0Hs 

I am new to the Cypress PSOC so I don't know what is normal to compare the behavior to.

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Xres is not being toggle I would guess.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can try Power Cycle mode of programming instead of Reset mode

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will look into the xres not working but I am power cycling the programmer and the board and chip remained powered so the PSOC is not being power cycled by this. Yet the programmer can talk to the PSOC for a short period of time after it is rebooted. Maybe power cycling the programmer is toggling the xres line.

I tried to program directly with the programmer suppling the power in power cycle mode originally but it was not seeing the PSOC at all. When I checked the voltage level with a scope it was a half a volt. There is a WiFi module on the board that also uses the 3.3V which may be drawing more then the programmer can supply.  When I connect 5V to the board which is regulated down to 3.3V I get a stable 3.3V reading for the power.

0 Likes