Initial condition for 2-bit Basic Counter (from tutorial 6 of PSOC 101)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the video for the Basic Counter tutorial 6 for the PSOC 101, it appears that the first condition for the 4-state LED is "off" (which is then followed by the combo of blue and red, then blue, then red, then off, all depending if red is the 0 bit bus or blue).

This implies that the basic counter, after receiving the bit signal from the open switch (which starts out as HIGH 1, notted to produce LOW 0) should not turn on in its initial state.  I was able to see results like this when I used the flip-flop state control from the previous tutorial.

However, for my scenario, whichever LED receives the bit 1 bus happens to trigger first (the one I've been using was blue = 1, red = 0).  This implies that even though the clock initially receives a 0 bit when the switch hasn't been pressed, the counter still triggers an event.  My enable is set to 1 and reset is 0.

I've attached the project bundle.  Let me know if the blue-red-off-combined state is the correct order or if I'm doing something incorrectly to not produce the off-combined-blue-red state.  If the order is the one I'm currently producing, could someone explain how the 0 LOW initial signal triggers the counter?  Is there any initial condition in the hardware that I'm not understanding (I've triple-checked the documentation and found nothing besides how the counter will get triggered when the first HIGH state is received.)

- Anthony

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Do the settings of Pin_SW2  input port pin as shown in image attached.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Do the settings of Pin_SW2  input port pin as shown in image attached.

0 Likes