How do you set the OOB data for OOB pairing?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've looked through the SDK (v1.1.0) a bit and done some file searches but I can't find how to set the OOB data. I'm trying to have the Broadcom module be used in peripheral mode, and only allow OOB pairing.

I've seen the OOB flag in the LESMP_PAIRING_REQ_CMD structure, so I would assume that if that flag is set (by both devices), then the OOB pairing method will be used. But it requires the OOB data to also be set and I haven't been able to find that yet.

Along with this, I'd like to then use OOB only and disallow the other pairing methods. I believe this can be done when a pairing request comes in by checking the OOB flag and if it is false, sending back an error response. I was able to test this in another BLE stack. I wanted to know if I do get a callback when there is a pairing request and what it is called.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED smart sample code for out of band pairing and key exchange

The above post states that it is not currently possible but should be available in SDK 2.1.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

There was a previous thread on OOB pairing here which you may find helpful: Re: 20732 support for "out of band" pairing

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That post mentions "If out of band data is available it is used to generate keys". What is the API to set the out of band data?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED smart sample code for out of band pairing and key exchange

The above post states that it is not currently possible but should be available in SDK 2.1.