Can CX3 GPIF support 2pixel for raw10/raw12

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
liha_1323411
Level 1
Level 1
        If Set CX3 GPIF bus width to 24bits, and the image sensor data format is raw10/raw12, can GPIF bus transform 2pixels by one circle, and how can i set for it? If Set CX3 GPIF bus width to 24bits, and the image sensor data format is raw8, can GPIF bus transform 3pixels by one circle, and how can i set for it?   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello lin hao,

Yes, it is possible to send two pixels of RAW12 data / three pixels of RAW8 data in one GPIF II clock cycle. This can be achieved by setting the proper output video format in the CX3 configuration tool.

The CX3 MIPI configuration tool has two options: Input video format and output video format. The input video format represent the actual video format coming from the sensor. The output video format decides the GPIF II bus width.

In order to send 2 pixels of RAW12 data in one clock cycle, you have to set the input video format as RAW12 and output video format as 24 bit. Same for RAW8 as well. Also you have to set the GPIF II bus width to 24 bit in the firmware.

Regards,

Keerthy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
liha_1323411
Level 1
Level 1
        Is there someone give me a clear answer. No matter the answer is yes or no.   
0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello lin hao,

Yes, it is possible to send two pixels of RAW12 data / three pixels of RAW8 data in one GPIF II clock cycle. This can be achieved by setting the proper output video format in the CX3 configuration tool.

The CX3 MIPI configuration tool has two options: Input video format and output video format. The input video format represent the actual video format coming from the sensor. The output video format decides the GPIF II bus width.

In order to send 2 pixels of RAW12 data in one clock cycle, you have to set the input video format as RAW12 and output video format as 24 bit. Same for RAW8 as well. Also you have to set the GPIF II bus width to 24 bit in the firmware.

Regards,

Keerthy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

is it possible to use this feature directly with the firmware? In the CyU3PMipisciDfg_t structure you can only set the data format that is expected at the GPIF, but not the output format to the parallel output.

As a workaround I used CY_U3P_CSI_DF_RGB888 as expected input but transmitted RAW12 data. It kind of works, but the image is very noisy.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes