S25FL256, reading WIP bit with STM32L micro

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a great deal of difficulty making an S25FL256 serial flash memory play nice with the STM32L.

They seem to work together OK except that when I do a sector erase, or a sector write, I can not read the status register to see when Write In Progress goes false.  When I do a bulk erase I can read the status register just fine.  And in both cases, what comes up on a 4-channel scope sync'ed to the chip select line looks identically the same and correct... yet the CPU can read it after a bulk erase but not after a sector erase or sector write.

I'm using the device in mode 0... tried it in mode 3 and no luck.

Also, anyone know where I can find an application note that describes using this flash memory with the STM32 family?

Any ideas anyone might have would be greatly appreciated... thanks...

Eric

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Eric,

We do not have application note which describes using flash memory with STM family. Can you please let me know which family of device you are using S25FL256 "S" or 'L" . Also please let me know how you are performing sector erase I mean sequence of operation.

Thanks,

Krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Eric,

We do not have application note which describes using flash memory with STM family. Can you please let me know which family of device you are using S25FL256 "S" or 'L" . Also please let me know how you are performing sector erase I mean sequence of operation.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes