Using dongle from CY8KIT-042-BLE with CY5672

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on a project that uses a 5 element slider to emulate a mouse wheel. The easiest way to get there for me seemed to be to take the code from the CY5672 BLE Remote Control, disable the unused functions, and port it to  CY8KIT-042-BLE board that has a 5 element slider. After beating on this thing for a couple weeks, it seems to be working. The problem I have is that it only seems to work with the dongle from the CY5672 kit. Using the CYSmart tool, it appears that the information is getting to the dongle, regardless of which one I use. However, when I don't run the CYSmart tool, the codes to scroll a page get through to the computer when I use the dongle from the CY5672 kit, but not when I use the dongle from the CY8KIT-042-BLE kit.

Is there a way to have this interface run with a dongle that is not from the CY5672 kit?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thing... I tried programming the CY8KIT dongle with the hex code from the CY5672 dongle, 'BLE_HID_CySmart_Dongle.hex', when I did this, the CySmart tool didn't recognize the dongle at all...

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please post your code so we can check it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should my code be posted? There are many files involved. Should I post the archive?

Also, it appears that the dongle I have from the CY5672 kit got reprogrammed, and I don't know how to restore it to its original state. Can this be done? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks! Hank

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted the archive file for my project...

0 Likes