NEWB with question about PSoC 4 BLE Observer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CuTh_2099391
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

So I have two of the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kits and I'm using the PSoC 4 BLE boards.  One I have programmed with the "Day 9 Dynamic Broadcaster" example.  I'm pretty sure it is sending out the advertisement message every 100ms.  The second kit I have programmed with the "Day 10 Observer" example.  I get one "CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT" message on the serial console output when I power up the "Broadcaster" device.  How do I get the "Observer" to continuously display the incrementing data that I think is being sent by the "Broadcaster" example?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't update the "Configure Master Settings" while scanning for packets, hence you need to first stop scanning; THEN change the setting; then start scanning again to see the repeated advertisement packets.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
CuTh_2099391
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

I figured it out from this post:

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-4-ble/how-observe-repeat-announcements

On the "BLE" component configuration dialog I set the "GAP Settings>Observer Role>Scan Settings>Duplicate filtering" to unchecked.  Now I get an event for all the Advertising packets with the incrementing data from the Dynamic Broadcaster example.  BTW, I could not get the CySmart 1.2 Windows App to do that.  CySmart only showed the first advertisement packet. The "Configure Master Settings" button is grayed out

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't update the "Configure Master Settings" while scanning for packets, hence you need to first stop scanning; THEN change the setting; then start scanning again to see the repeated advertisement packets.

0 Likes