USB device mode(Moss storage class) driver for S6E2CCALOA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hai.,

We are working with Cypress MCU (S6E2CCALOAGL2000A) in our customized board . I have downloaded PDL in that I found driver for all basic interface like UART ,SPI etc , but I could not able to get USB & Ethernet examples . Can anyone please send me the USB examples( Particularly for USB device mode in Moss storage class) and Ethernet example.

I hope will get reply soon .

Best Regards.,

Karthik.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attached is an example project for Mass Storage Device with CDC. This is tested on FM4-216-ETHERNET kit which the USB wizard supports. I tested using IAR and the device enumerates as Mass Storage. However, when programmed using uVision, the device does not enumerate correctly. It becomes unrecognized device after few minutes. Not sure if we need licensed version of uVision, but you can check this at your end as well. Another option is to use isystem IDE. If you just want the disk to be readable, please change  #define DISK_USAGE  to   FLASH_RO_DISK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.,

I have posted the issue 4 days before, I haven't get single response either from cypress employees or community member till now. I am using Cypress product and getting zero support from company , then why should I go for it. Its very frustrating  to be idle and simply waiting for the your reply . please can anyone look iin to this issue and help me to resolve.

Best regards

Karthik 

0 Likes
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Karthik,

Currently there is no support for Ethernet and USB with PDL .These are separate drivers that you have to integrate into your project.

For USB you have to use a PC based tool which generates code.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cypress-usb-wizard

For Ethernet, you have the basic examples, Appnote and drivers already listed in the website.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/demonstrate-lwip-fm4-sk-fm4-176l-s6e2cc

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/software-example-running-freertos-fm4-lwip...

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an204414-lwip-over-ethernet-fm-family

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/s6e2cc-ethernet-driver?source=search&keywo...

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bhwj

Thank you for your response.,

As per your suggestions I have created USB device mode example(Moss storage class) using USB wizard tool, but it has given some errors when compiled using Keil 5.21. I have fallowed the same procedure which is given in start up guide. 

I have attached the Build log file for your refference, can you please look on to this . 

Also I am requesting you send me one USB device mode example(USB0) for above mentioned MCU. if you send moss storage example(device mode) it would more appreciated .

Best regards

Karthik

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bhwj  . ,

I am getting errors while building standalone project which is generated using USB wizard only for usb device mode moss storage class, I have sent the build LOG in last thread , Can you please look into it & suggest if any modifications are there . I stuck with this issue since last week.

Karthik 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.,

As I mentioned above i am using  S6E2CCALOA MCU in our customized board, In last conversation I requested for USB example. As per suggestion I downloaded USB wizard and also generated some USB examples , but non of the example is working properly. Even though project is not generating for selected MCU, instead it generates another MCU example.

Can you please confirm me that whether USB   examples for this MCU is updated or not. In last conversation they said there is no help for USB & Ethernet for this device , If you are not able provide help then why did you release this device.

I found one Ethernet example in your website for this MCU , likewise why can't you upload one USB example (Host or device mode) for user reference.

Thank you .,

Best Regards

Karthik 

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attached is an example project for Mass Storage Device with CDC. This is tested on FM4-216-ETHERNET kit which the USB wizard supports. I tested using IAR and the device enumerates as Mass Storage. However, when programmed using uVision, the device does not enumerate correctly. It becomes unrecognized device after few minutes. Not sure if we need licensed version of uVision, but you can check this at your end as well. Another option is to use isystem IDE. If you just want the disk to be readable, please change  #define DISK_USAGE  to   FLASH_RO_DISK.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello BMAH.,

Thank you for your valuable response .

I tried the above project in Keil( i have licensed version), when I run this example the USB cable itself is not detecting, As per my knowledge whenever we connect USB cable very first RESET interrupt should  come from PC, But in my case I am not getting any response/interrupt. 

I am working with customized board and source clock is 4 MHZ, Since  FM4-216-ETHERNET kit also has 4 MHZ source clock  I hope no need to change anything in clock settings.

The only difference in our board is self powered(not bus powered) , Can you suggest me if any changes has to be done in above example for self power device. 

I have attached the schematic of MCU USB part for your reference.

Thank you., 

Best Regards

Karthik

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karthik,

1. If you have an  FM4-216-ETHERNET kit, can you try the same project (post #7) which you have built using uVision in the Kit and see if it enumerates?

2. If you have IAR, can you try the project after building with IAR? There are also trial versions of IAR available. Or, just try directly programming the attached .srec file (unzip firsr) using Flash USB direct programmer (the file is generated using IAR). After programming, power cycle the board and then connect the cable and see if enumeration happens.

We need to rule out if there are issues with IDE or the board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMAH.,

Hello.,  The same issue what you have faced is happening for me.(there is issue with IDE)

When I tried in IAR workbench device get enumerated successfully and working fine with no issue, but the same project with Keil IDE is not working(device getting enumerated for few minutes and after device getting unknown device ). 

Can you please try solve this issue or any suggestions would be appreciated. Because i have been working with Keil IDE and not much comfortable with IAR workbench .

Thank you.

Best Reagards

Karthik

0 Likes