Debugging problem with PSoC Creator and MiniProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a custom board with a CYBLE-022001-00 and a MiniProg3 
The PSoC creator sees the MiniProg3 and the CYBLE-022001-00 and I can connect to it
When I select "Attach to running target", the debug screen comes up but it appears stuck and I never reach a breakpoint in my main.c (see attached) 
Also when I select "program" I get the following message 
"There was an error running the Programmer to configure the device. Try lowering the clock speed used for communication in the Options dialog, under Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Port Configuration. If the problem persists, make sure that the Programmer for this debug target is properly installed and ready to use." 
My clock speed is set to 1.5 MHz. I tried to lower it to 0.8 and 0.2 to no avail 
Could you please help 
Thank you 
Andy

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 2

I got it to work.

My problem was that I created the project from "prepopulated schematic"

When I created a new project "from samples" it started to work.

I selected FindMe sample built it and now I can debug in PSoC and the device shows up in the CySmart app

Thank you for your help!

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

I was able to use PSoC Programmer to download the .hex file of my program to the device. Still cannot debug due to the problem described above.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please post your schematic so we and check how you are connecting the Programmer.  Also please post the code so we can check it,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean the schematic of my board or the project ? Or both?

I created the project for target module  CYBLE-022001-00 with "prepopulated schematic"

The wizard created the schematic for me

My board is connected to the miniprog via 5 pin connector and both miniprog and PSoC see the CYBLE on it. It uses SWD protocol

Here is the main.c populated by the wizard.

I just want to see that I can stop at a breakpoint on printf line.

int main()
{
    /* Place your initialization/startup code here (e.g. MyInst_Start()) */

CyGlobalIntEnable;
    printf("Hello world");
    for(;;)
    {
        /* Place your application code here. */
    }
}

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Click on design wide resources and then open System tab, under Debug select make sure you have selected SWD(serial wire Debug.). Also do you have this at the top of your main.c  #include <stdio.h> program.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Also your code is out of date for the version of PSOC Creator that is why you have the Yellow circle with the ! mark inside.  To fix this click on the Project tab and then select Update components project and it will fix this.  This may help your issue.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Please post your code.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 2

I got it to work.

My problem was that I created the project from "prepopulated schematic"

When I created a new project "from samples" it started to work.

I selected FindMe sample built it and now I can debug in PSoC and the device shows up in the CySmart app

Thank you for your help!

Andy

0 Likes