When to call CyBle_StoreStackData

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read several posts to understand a way of changing a device name within the application, for example, getting a string "MyName", calling CyBle_GapSetLocalName("MyName") to set it up, and calling a function to have the new name in the advertisement/scan response packages.  I was wondering if calling CyBle_StoreStackData after CyBle_GapSetLocalName would lock in the changes of both LocalName and the advertisement packets after a power cycle?  If not, what types of changes are saved with CyBle_StoreStackData?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The documentation I can find in the IDE doesn't indicate anything about what it stores; It seems like it might go either way. The discovery data that the name is written to upon changing is a RAM buffer. However, it is allocated in the same way/with the cyble stack buffers, so it could very well be included with the CyBle_StoreStackData() API call.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The documentation I can find in the IDE doesn't indicate anything about what it stores; It seems like it might go either way. The discovery data that the name is written to upon changing is a RAM buffer. However, it is allocated in the same way/with the cyble stack buffers, so it could very well be included with the CyBle_StoreStackData() API call.

0 Likes