rom overflowed with 0 bytes??? - converted code from matlab to c -

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folks!!!!

I made a big project using matlab and implemented DES, CRC and so on. Because i wanted to use the program on my uC i transformed the code into C. Then i used this code with the PSoC Creator. Everything seemed fine except the errors in the attached image. Now you could think damn there is no space left on the PSoC 4 but why does it say in Error No 4  region 'rom' overflowed by 0 bytes?!?!?! Do you have any suggestions ? I am really thankful for any help !!!

And if there is really no space left on the PSoC, can you please recommend me a PSoC with a greater rom size?

I am looking forward to any suggestions and discussions!

EDIT: I am using the cy8ckit-049-42xx

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Not quite easy to recommend a larger PSoC4 when you don't tell which one you are using right now.

Error seems to be in the initial address for your program that is not in the rom-space address. Are you using any linker commands??

Bob

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

You can try optimizing you code. Right click the on the project -> Build Settings ->Compiler->Optimization-> Size. This may work. Otherwise if you want a higher order device try anything in PSoC 4M or PSoC4L series.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
EmHo_296241
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

'rom' overflowed by 0 bytes is the typical way showing the error. It doesn't know by how much the overflow has occurred. So no need to get confused with the wordings in the error. The solution may be to use a higher order device as spec or optimize the code you already have as specified in the above comments

0 Likes