input+interruption

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi every one 

i want to calculate the number of pulse of a signal, u think that is possible with this example by using juste only an input +interruption and than count the number of rising edge ....?

thank u every one ^^ 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Counting the pulses that way will work when the frequency is not too high (< 2-3kHz). At higher frequencies you will need a counter. For your current project, using a counter (that can be reset by pressing a switch) will make some things easier.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Counting the pulses that way will work when the frequency is not too high (< 2-3kHz). At higher frequencies you will need a counter. For your current project, using a counter (that can be reset by pressing a switch) will make some things easier.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i totally agree with you, just was wondering if their is any easy solution to realize the project just only with a pine +isr but actually ill work with a higher frequency sow is better to use a counter, u can tack a look for wath i did if you want ^^, is worked with a counter.

0 Likes

As Bob says, I would configure a TCPWM component as a Timer/Counter with the count input enabled and set to rising edge. Connect the pin to that terminal and a fast clock (fast compared with the counting frequency) to the clock input. The TCPWM is 16 bits wide so you have 65535 counts before it overflows.