PSoC 5LP Bluetooth Quadcopter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnFa_301266
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked First question asked 25 replies posted

Hi,

We have an electronics apprentice and we are looking for a couple of interesting PSoC 5 applications to get his interest.  I came across a Cypress Video for the their quadcopter demo and have been trying to get more of the design files to allow us to give this to our apprentice as a project.  There is a Bill Of Materials published for components for the main PCB but, as far as I could see, there are no PCB or other design files or information about any of the other parts.

We have a 3D printer as well so could potentially produce all of the custom parts if we could get more information.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a link or person who could help?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is a program that Bob Marlowe wrote for the PSOC 4 it is up to you to provide flight sensors and controls. I has been updated to the latest Software release PSOC 4 SP 1.

0 Likes
AnFa_301266
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked First question asked 25 replies posted

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for this information.  I'll take a detailed look and see if it works as a project for our apprentice.  If we do make it then I'll let you know how we get on.

Still seems strange that Cypress haven't published any more information on their project - maybe the potential injury

issues associated with little drones!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The Cypress drone project which I could see life at embedded world in Nuremberg a few years ago was focused on motor control. The PSoC5 was controlling four brushless dc motors by sensing the reverse current to calculate position information. Quite a complex matter to understand.

The copter project I supplied formerly was mainly built to implement a working control algorithm developed by Mahoney and Madwick. The project and the underlying hardware were even able to control an octocopter and reading the rc sum-signal.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes