CY5677 One Master, Multi-Slave

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks,

I'm working with the CY5677 Dongle. I developed a custom application based on the Madhu Sudhan's example which can drive the Dongle to connect and drive a slave like CySmart permits to do. The dongle is programmed with the software used for CySmart. That's working very well.

I now have to develop a new application (or upgrade this one) which can read 2 slaves simultaneously, so here is my question : Can I make it with this configuration or the Dongle and the software on it will limit me to one slave ?

Regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The hardware itself (USB Dongle) is limited to 1 RF connection at a time, and hence can only be connected to one slave device at a time.

The software is merely written to reflect that, and thus only handles having one connection at a time as well, but once the PSoC 6 comes out, I'm sure there will be support for multiple connections simultaneously.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Currently only a connection between two devices at the same time is supported. there are rumors that there will be a network of BLEs shortly.

Bob

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Guillaume,

Currently PSoC 4/ PRoC BLE devices won't support multiple connections at a time.

Upcoming PSoC 6 BLE will be having this capability.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you about your answers. Is a dongle with this capability in project on the same time than PSoC 6 BLE or not ? I'm interested by a master drivable by a computer here.

Best regards,

Guillaume.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The hardware itself (USB Dongle) is limited to 1 RF connection at a time, and hence can only be connected to one slave device at a time.

The software is merely written to reflect that, and thus only handles having one connection at a time as well, but once the PSoC 6 comes out, I'm sure there will be support for multiple connections simultaneously.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you about your answer, I will wait this PSoC 6 comes out, hopefully in the next weeks. 

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes