Advertising packet in CySmart Windows application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When scanning is enabled, is the advertising data updated? it doesn't appear to be. My device broadcasts a custom advertising packet and its contents change frequently but I don't see the changes in CySmart app. Is there a way to enable dynamic advertisement packet update in CySmart?
Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Andy, In CySmart App, go to Configure Master Settings -> Scan Parameters -> Duplicate Filter Policy -> Disable Duplicate Filtering for seeing the packets getting updated. Regards, -Madhu Sudhan   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, In Android APIs, the duplicate filtering is enabled. So when the advertisement packet change is not reflected when you receive the updated advertisement packet on the phone. The workaround is to keep stopping and starting the scanning at definite intervals. In CySmart App, you have to keep refreshing (swipe down) to see any change in the advertisement packet. In case you are going to develop your own android app that needs to detect change in the advertisement packet, here is an useful link for your reference. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30781563/get-ble-scan-without-filter-duplicate-uuid Regards, -Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Madhu

My question was  about the CySmart Windows app -  same technique? ( start/stop scan)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Answering my own question: Yes the packet changes can be observed by starting and stopping the scan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Andy, In CySmart App, go to Configure Master Settings -> Scan Parameters -> Duplicate Filter Policy -> Disable Duplicate Filtering for seeing the packets getting updated. Regards, -Madhu Sudhan   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even better 
Thank you

Andy

0 Likes