Help Required for New Product Design using HX2C (CYUSB3333)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am designing a product which can act simultaneously as a power bank (PD compatible) and a USB 3.1 gen 1 enabled data hub. 
for this, I am planning to use CYUSB3333. I have seen the reference design (EZ-USB HX3C USB Type-C Monitor/Dock Solution) given reference design page

I have some queries:

Is CYUSB3333 (HX3c) IC capable of receiving power from USB-Type C connector instead of DC Power adapter??? 
If yes, then 
1) can i add a BUCK BOOST CHARGER and a battery in my design so that my product can become self powered (i.e. no need of external power adapter) 
2) As there are two USB- Type C DRPs in CYUSB3333, can I design the system in a way that 
         a) the system can take power from USB TYPE - C and charge the battery (Single Cell Li-Po) 
         b) the system can deliver power to any other device (e.g. smart phone) connecting through USB-Type C connector 
         c) system can simultaneously transfer data b/w both TYPE -C receptacles while charging its own batteries and/or any other device                      (e.g.smart phone) 

Looking forward for your kind response. 
Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, CYUSB3333 (HX3C) is capable of receiving power from USB Type-C instead of DC power supply as in Dongle designs.

1) Yes, you can add a BUCK BOOST Charger and a battery but it needs lot of code change from the existing one.

2) The answer is YES for all (a), (b) and (c).

Regards,

Anil 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, CYUSB3333 (HX3C) is capable of receiving power from USB Type-C instead of DC power supply as in Dongle designs.

1) Yes, you can add a BUCK BOOST Charger and a battery but it needs lot of code change from the existing one.

2) The answer is YES for all (a), (b) and (c).

Regards,

Anil 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply, When these IC will be available for Local Purchase. 
All these IC are coming soon . 🙂 

0 Likes