Can't connect when updating CY8CKIT-042 firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a new CY8CKIT-042 and CY8CKIT-037.  I am unable to load the example code per CY8CKIT-037 instrcuctions as Kitprog version is out of date (Expecting 2.17 vs 2.00).  I followed the instructions from these two pages to attempt to update the CY8CKIT-042 firmware:

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/updating-cy8ckit-042-ble-kitprog-and-cysmart-usb-dongl...

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-cy8ckit-042-factory-restore-instruc...

The part appears in the grey box in the upper left hand corner of the programmer, but when I click on it it does not connect.  I have tried both 3.25.0 and 3.24.2 programmers with the same result.

I left VM for cypress yesterday, and then submitted a MYCASE.  Received a canned response in the middle of the night pointing to www.cypress.com.  

Thanks,

-Travis

0 Likes
6 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Farm Island : please update your PSoc Creator to 4.0 and then install the service pack 1.  This should update the Kitprog to 2.17. What is the LED doing see attached.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

See this document

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

What version of windows are you using?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see an active forum.  Thanks in advance everyone.

PSOC creator has been up to date though all this testing.  Everything has been up to date, except when I reverted back to a previous version of the programmer as a test.

LED is blinking slow.  Assume this is the way it comes in the box?

Running Win 7 w all updates

I'll look through the Kitprog users guide

Thanks,

-Travis

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the Kitprog users guide.  Operation is as expected.  Plug in board, launch tool, select the device that pops up, and it connects.  Except it doesn't connect for me.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the programmer.  Will now uninstall and reinstall Creator, and see what happens...

-Travis

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a long day, but there has been success.  My motherboard has two banks of USB connectors on the rear panel.  The bank of 4 exhibit this issue, the bank of 2 works just fine.  I've updated the firmware and programmed the CY8CKIT-037 sample code into it.  It seems to respond to button presses as it should, but the motor doesn't turn.  I'll dig into that tomorrow

-Travis

0 Likes