Is possible to implenment CapSense button on bread board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuCh_2227511
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I have BLE pioneer kit , which has only 5 buttons but I like to test the functionality of my application using more than 12  CapSense buttons (CSD for the moment). I read all or most of cypress CapSense documents but never found a document introducing simpler way to build them on bread board than just building them on PCB. is it possible and how?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SuCh_2227511
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks for your brilliant idea!

I happened to try just with a push pin on bread board. And.... It works well!

Like the picture I connected blue wire from the push pin to CapSense pin [3.0] and yellow wire to GND in BLE pioneer kit with the code examples CE210291 in PSOC creator.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

You may be able to make them with Copper tape and a copper screen for the ground plane.  I have never tried it but is may work.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I successfully used conductive ink on two layers of overhead foil to draw buttons and ground plane.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SuCh_2227511
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks for your brilliant idea!

I happened to try just with a push pin on bread board. And.... It works well!

Like the picture I connected blue wire from the push pin to CapSense pin [3.0] and yellow wire to GND in BLE pioneer kit with the code examples CE210291 in PSOC creator.

0 Likes